Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Full Circle

It seems my life has come full circle. I have come to the conclusion that I was meant to raise children. My loving husband, Alex and I have 5 children. Three are mine and two are his. Three of them are now single parents of 7 great kids! I must say that I just love being a grandma!

I began my married life at the ripe old age of 18 and had all 3 of my children by 22. I chose to stay at home with my children after a babysitter killed my best friends little boy while Mary and I were working. Our children were at the same sitter! From that moment, I decided to take care of my own children!

Once my children were in school, I got my first drivers license at the ripe old age of 30. A short time later I started some college classes. My husband at the time was an alcoholic, who did not want me to become independent. He started to become violent. In the end, when our children were teenagers, we divorced.

I then worked 2 or 3 jobs for several years. I missed a lot of the children's teenage years, but we got through. Now they are all grown up and on their own. Two of my children have been through bad marriages, and are now divorced, trying to raise their children on their own. One of my husband's is also now a single parent. I lost my job over 2 years ago. Long story short, things happened to keep me home.

Now I am a stay-at-home grandma. There are 7 of the wonderful little people. I must say they are a joy! But there are days when I just don't know how I did it so many years ago!

I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input!